An Alpha Tag (3-11 characters in length) is a name or a string of text that appears in place of a phone number as the sender ID. It offers instant brand recognition but is suitable for one-way messages only - recipients cannot reply to messages sent from an alpha tag.
To enable an Alpha Tag for your account, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > Numbers
2. Click on the Business Names tab
3. Click on Request a business name
In the resulting modal/pop-up, enter the name you want to use to send messages, and click Send request:
Your Alpha Tag request will then be reviewed, and activated if/when approved.
Setting your registered Alpha Tag as your Default Sender ID
Once your request for an Alpha Tag has been approved, you can set it as the default sender ID so that all future messages will be sent from this name:
1. Go to Settings and then Numbers, and click on the Settings tab
2. Click on the edit icon next to Default Sender ID
3. From the resulting drop-down list, select your Alpha Tag (or you can request an alpha tag by clicking on the option in the list)
4. Click Save
If you don't want to set your Alpha Tag as the Default Sender ID, you can select to send messages from your Alpha-Tag ad-hoc when you create a new message, by selecting the option from the Sender ID list in the New Message window: